Gin & Juice Trout
Every Night Of The Week recently teamed up with Archie Rose for their Party Season Workshop (or as they call it ‘Xmas party before the real deal’)! Impress your guests this Christmas with this delicious duo recipe Gin & Juice Cured Trout paired with a twist on the classic French 75 Cocktail.
Gin & Juice cured Ocean Trout
Serves 16 as an entree
- 1.2kg side ocean trout, pin boned, skin on
- 3 beetroots - grated, or chopped in a food processor
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g rock salt
- 2 cups finely chopped herbs - chervil, dill, chives.
Place all the curing ingredients into a bowl and combine.
Layout a sheet of glad wrap and place 1/3 of the mix down as a base on the wrap.
Place the trout, skin side down onto the mixture.
Cover the flesh with the remaining mixture and wrap the entire fish tightly with glad wrap, multiple times. Try to remove as much air as possible.
Place in a baking tray, with a smaller tray and some tin cans weighing it down, overnight in the fridge.
The following morning rinse the trout and pat dry then press the herbs over the trout flesh, re-wrap and store in fridge until needed.
- Thinly sliced fresh baguettes, warmed blinis or rye toasts
- 500gm of cream cheese, 45gm cream, lightly whipped with the zest of a lemon
- 1 red onion, finely sliced, pickled over night in white wine vinegar, 2tbs salt, 2tbs sugar.
- 1/4 cup baby capers
- Black caviar
- Watercress sprigs
Studio French 75 Cocktail
- 360 ml Archie Rose Signature Gin
- 240 ml fresh lemon juice
- 120 ml sugar syrup*
- 36 ml Massenez Creme De Violette
- 120 ml distilled water
- Prosecco to serve
Stir and chill the ingredients until ready to pour.
Serve in a chilled cocktail coupe or champagne flute and top with 90 ml of Prosecco.
*create the sugar syrup by heating 1 part sugar to 1 part water till sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool and store in an airtight bottle.
Every Night Of The Week is a side project for Lucy Tweed, a stylist who has worked with Sydney’s most prestigious brands. The project is a candid and earthy exploration of her personal collection of delicious recipes, tools and techniques! view website
You may also be interested in
- Archie’s Helping Hands: Our 2019 Charity InitiativesThis year, our team chose three community-lead programs close to our hearts. Archie Rose’s Head of Hospitality, Harriet Leigh has the inside scoop.Read More
- The Gift That Keeps On Giving: Cellar Door Hand-Fill CocktailsEver wished you could take Archie Rose cocktails home with you, to enjoy a supremely crafted Negroni from the comfort of your own couch? Allow us to introduce our Cellar Door Hand-Fill Spirits, a modern-day Christmas miracle.Read More