The Harold Holt
Yes. That’s what we called it. If the country can name a swimming pool after a man who disappeared at sea we can name a cocktail after him. When you approach the glass you are greeted with the sushi train trundle of the nori seaweed garnish. The first sip is the overwhelmingly petulant gentian kick of the Suze, the middle palate is the joyful cherry blossom waft of the Manchino Sakura, and it’s all connected, ingeniously, with the saline fruit whack of Archie Rose Summer Gin Project: Coast. Bravo.
- 30ml Summer Gin Project: Coast
- 30ml Mancino Sakura Vermouth
- 30ml Suze
Stir the three ingredients over ice, strain over a large ice cube, garnish with some nori.
You may also be interested in
- Coast Peach CobblerOnce upon a time this drink was the Espresso Martini of its time, and unlike the Espresso Martini it was for good reason. It's almost impossible to describe in words. But let's give it a go. The Sherry (yes you do like it, no it's not just for grandmothers) gives a nutty, vinous note, the Coast Gin, a salinity that tempers the sweetness and the peach the hit of summer you so desperately wanted.View Recipe
- Distiller's Strength GinConceived as our boldest, yet most elegant gin, Distiller’s Strength Gin features sixteen botanicals that have been uniquely infused and individually distilled in our copper pot still to create distinct clarity and flavour. Featuring NSW pear, rose, elderflower, and honey collected from our own distillery hives, this spirit is underpinned by pronounced juniper notes, making it a modern classic that can be enjoyed in timeless cocktails, savoured in good company.Shop
- Throw a Proper Summer Cocktail Party Without Breaking a SweatThere are several things that make for a good party. A great guest list is the most important. Music comes second. Then comes the offerings. After who was flirting with whom, the next thing people will discuss or remember is what they ate or drank. We've come up with a handy list of batched drinks here. We've also come up with a few ideas of how to turn a gathering into an party for the ages without breaking a sweat.Read More