Peach and Rhubarb Spritz
This drink is utterly divine. In this simplified version the fruit gives some buoyancy to the already joyful and bright Coast Gin. Enjoy the taste of summer.
- 30ml Archie Rose Summer Gin Project: Coast
- 40ml peach and rhubarb citrus syrup*
- 30ml lemon juice
- 60ml white wine with good acids such as a sauvignon blanc
- 40ml soda water
- Peach slices to garnish
*To make a batch of peach and rhubarb citrus syrup, chop half a dozen peaches with the same number of rhubarb stems, add sugar until the fruit is just covered, chuck in around a litre of water (also until the fruit is just covered). Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes. You should end up with a delicious syrup that will last a few days and make around enough cocktails to polish off your bottle of Coast Gin. You can play with this base. Citrus does wonders, as do hard spices or some fresh vanilla. Go nuts.
Build over ice and garnish with some peach slices.
You may also be interested in
- Throw a Proper Summer Cocktail Party Without Breaking a SweatThere are several things that make for a good party. A great guest list is the most important. Music comes second. Then comes the offerings. After who was flirting with whom, the next thing people will discuss or remember is what they ate or drank. We've come up with a handy list of batched drinks here. We've also come up with a few ideas of how to turn a gathering into an party for the ages without breaking a sweat.Read More
- Distiller's Strength GinConceived as our boldest, yet most elegant gin, Distiller’s Strength Gin features sixteen botanicals that have been uniquely infused and individually distilled in our copper pot still to create distinct clarity and flavour. Featuring NSW pear, rose, elderflower, and honey collected from our own distillery hives, this spirit is underpinned by pronounced juniper notes, making it a modern classic that can be enjoyed in timeless cocktails, savoured in good company.Shop