Blood Orange Spritz
This drink defines summer. The undisputed sexiest fruit - the blood orange has a short but triumphant season - 2018 has seen a relatively good crop of blood oranges. Orchards still have fruit which is often not the case when spring has bursts of high heat, the fruit turns soft and supply peters out. But this year we’ve had a mild start to spring, you should have blood oranges available just in time for the launch of Summer Gin Project: Coast
- 30ml Summer Gin Project: Coast
- 20ml blood orange and vanilla reduction (see instructions below)
- 15ml lemon juice
- 3 dashes grapefruit bitters
- 10ml Aperol
- 45ml sparkling wine
- Blood orange to garnish
- Build all ingredients over ice in a wine glass, garnish with a wedge of blood orange.
To make the blood orange and vanilla reduction:
- Reduce the blood orange juice over a low heat with a touch of vanilla and sugar. Use the pith and peel to make a bloody marmalade giving you the joy of blood orange all year round.
You may also be interested in
- Bush Gin CobblerA cobbler is a classic cocktail designed to show off the nuance of a spirit. Here we pair a good slug of Bush Gin with a collection of herbs (whatever you have growing in your herb garden will do), some cucumber and citrus. Capped off with soda this is almost good for you.View Recipe